SWEET MOMENTS!

November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun and........ Shopping!!

We had Moore Thanksgiving at my aunt Patty and uncle Mikes house in queen creek. It was wonderful! All of our favorite yummy thanksgiving foods! We stuffed ourseleves and then got started on the pies. Yumm!! I made pumpkin pie (first time all by myself!!) and helped my mom make the most rolls we have ever made!! (almost 20 dozen ~ some for the Moores, some for the Durfees, and some for us - planned overs!) It was such nice weather! We could actually wear "winter" clothes on Thanksgiving! I was so excited to wear my scarf and jacket!


Here is cute Colby and Lainey!
Greg, Colby, and Trevin playing a new game.
James and Trevin Hope, Dad, and Holli playing Bocci ball

Heather holding baby Ava, of course!!


Poor Heidi hurt her foot at dance on Tuesday. So she was stuck inside!
Uncle Marc looked at it later on that day and thinks she broke it! Poor girl!

She did make it outside once to see uncle Randys horses. All the kids were able to have a turn riding them. They had so much fun! (but I forgot to get pics) Tiffany and Brooke named the horses Cherry cola and Twilight! I love the names of course! Madison, Shaelyn, and Hope waiting for a turn!
Everyones waiting!
Holli, Heidi, Madison, Cindi, Jacey, and Missy


We were of course checking out all the adds!
Tiffany and Mom

Shopping Adventures:
As we were planning our shopping adventures, we found out that Arizona Mills was going to open at Midnight! And being the late nighters that we are, we thought it would be really nice to just go shopping all night and then around 10:00 in the morning be all done shopping and then catch a few hours of sleep! For some reason we thought this was a great idea, but we were very WRONG!!

Well, things started out great! We were excited! I went home to get some shopping shoes on and even though it was 11:30 at night I was really excited!
....well up until we tried to exit the freeway by Arizona Mills things were going great! But we started wondering why traffic was stopping on the freeway about 2 miles from our exit!?! What is going on? This couldn't be because of AZ Mills? Right? Well it was. So here we are in the long line of traffic. ~ see we are still smiling here!
It took us an entire hour to get to the parking lot and then another hour trying to find a parking spot. We weren't the happiest bunch! So we had tried to get to the mall by 12:00 and we didn't get into it until 1:30! We were frustrated, but we were committed. We would find something to buy in this chaotic mess!
We came home from AZ Mills around 3:30 and were completely exausted. The experience at AZ Mills kind of ruined our shopping excitement, but we continued on! Might as well right?
So we continued on to Khols at 4:00. Stood in a nice long line there for an hour! (But we wasted enough time to make it to Target a little after 6:00. We were there a couple hours and got most everything on our list! :) Hooray!! Khols and Target were fantastic!!
But we needed a little pick me up, so I wanted Doritos and my mom wanted chocolate milk! I know crazy, but remember we are without sleep!
Our yummy snack! ;)
After Target we went to Michaels, and then my mom was completely exausted so she wanted to take a little 2-3 hour nap and then continue. I just wanted to finish! So we went home, she went to bed, and I took Heather out to finish my shopping. I went to Walmart, Ulta, and another Target. I'm done!! Hooray!! As you can see I am not doing well. It was 10:30 in the morning and I am exausted, to say the least!!

Oh, and my wonderful husband did some shopping at Home Depot for my grandma Moore, my mom, and my aunt Tiffany! We gave him a good sized list!! Thanks James!!

(So our black friday shopping was a little different, but we learned our lesson!! ~ never go to AZ Mills at midnight with the rest of AZ
next year will be different!!)
Well after 4-5 hours of sleep. I got ready for Thanksgiving Round 2! (sleep and shower did wonders)
Here I am with my chocolate cream pie ready to go to Durfee Thanksgiving!!
My dad eating the famous desert for Durfee Thanksgiving: Cherry Cheesecake!

Heidi eating more pie! YUM!!

Heather, mom, aunt Karen, and aunt Kari.
To end our Thanksgiving fun. James and I went to see Twilight!!!
I loved it even more! Can't wait to see it again. Oh, and James liked it too!! Yes!!
...Now it is time to decorate for Christmas. Hooray!!!

4 comments:

Marcie and Holly said...

Hillary- Youa re CRAZY!!! I can't believe you did all of that in one day. Are you super woman? I didn't wake up till 10:30 am on Fri. At least your done with your shopping and I'm just starting!

Heidi D. said...

Did you have to tell EVERYONE I ate doritos and chocolate milk? :) What can I say, I was in need of a pick me up! It didn't work! tee hee! ;)

Alicia Faye said...

All night shopping? Girl, you are nuts, but I totally wish I had been there! What an adventure!

Hillary said...

I wish you were there too Alicia!! We'll have to do it together sometime!!