SWEET MOMENTS!

June 1, 2008

One Funny Wedding Story






Well, I had to do it! I had to start out by putting our wedding pictures up on our blog! It just seemed like the natural first thing to do. It was so far the best day of my life. James and I were married on January 6, 2006. It was a beautiful, perfect day. So many wonderful blessings and miracles happened that day.
Of course it didn't start out well. You know that one thing that has to go wrong before everything else can go right. Well, everyone has to have one, and we had a big one. It started the night before.

(First I want to explain that I do not forget many things nor do I lose things very often, or at all) So it was a big surprise the night before when we were gathering everything together for the big day and we could not find the marriage license. We looked everywhere. I could not remember where I put it! We started thinking of all the possible places. We searched everywhere. We even went to the condo James and I had bought a few days before to see if it happened to get over there. No! We prayed. We searched. We prayed. We kept being drawn to the stacks and stacks of boxes I had been packing up for the last 4 months on my parents back patio. So we destroyed my well organized and taped up boxes and started pulling everything out and creating the biggest mess! It wasn't there either.
We set up a plan, because it was obvious that we needed to get a new one before we were supposed to be at the temple at 8:30 the next morning. I was balling. I went to sleep crying at 2 in the morning. The plan was that luckily my great aunt Judy worked at the court house and she had been the one to help get us the first one. So we would call her in the morning to see if she could meet us down there and help speed things along.

So my mom woke me up at 5:00 a.m. and I started getting ready. Soon my aunts, Michelle and Tiffany were there to help me with makeup and hair. Tiffany's sister was also there to help my sisters get ready. My eyes were the puffiest I had ever seen! Once Tiffany walked in and saw me she ran to the kitchen and got cucumber out and started cutting, she also put several spoons in the freezer. So while doing my hair she was alternating frozen spoons and cucumber over my eyes. It was helping, but not that much! (Okay- so frozen spoons feel really good on your eyes! just so you know) We had to think fast. Tiffany went and asked my mom if she had any hemorrhoid cream. (you know- just like in Miss Congeniality) IT REALLY WORKS!! We put that under my eyes and WOW! The puffiness was gone! Beautiful eyes again.

James came and picked me up and we went to the courthouse completely decked out. My aunt Judy was there already and had everything done, we just had to pay and sign and run as fast as we could. We made it to the temple on time and the rest of the day was perfect. Luckily we had most of the pictures already taken and just family shots the rest of the day. There is a slight difference in my eyes. I'm obviously very sleepy! And now it is just a big joke and funny story, and all my family that has since been married have always made sure to give the license to the groom!
HA! HA! HA! Very funny!

So are you wondering where the other licence was? We did finally find it! And now we know why we kept being drawn to those boxes outside! I must have set a box down on top of the licence while putting things in it and it got stuck to the tape underneath the box. We were looking in the boxes but not on the bottom of the boxes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that day was simply amazing!!! Oh and I love Banana Pancakes (the song!) So that very first picture where James is "holding" the world for you is definatly my favorite!!
but you said it was the first thing you put on your blog but it's at the bottom ? well anyway I am so thankful for your example, even though your marriage limited the time we were able to spend with us! I am still so happy for you! Love you both so much!
Love forever and always,
your favorite sister,
Heidi Durfee!! :)