SWEET MOMENTS!

June 9, 2008

Utah Trip ~ after Wyoming

Okay, since my last post was way too long! (Too many pictures-I love them all!) I am going to include a slide show in the post below. Because again I have lots of pictures! After Hopes baptism we ate lunch and packed up to leave. It was sad to say goodbye to grandma and grandpa, but we were excited for the rest of our trip. We left Wy to head to Snowbird Utah. We spent a week in Utah and loved every minute of it! One day we spent at the resort. They have so many fun things to do there. We took the ski lift up to go on the zip line or down the alpine slide. The girls, dad, and James also went bungy jumping on a trampoline. Unfortunately I did not get pictures of Dad and James. They had a blast! We also took a tram up to the top of the mountain and got to spend time up there. There was still snow! We had so much fun. It is so beautiful there. The forests were gorgeous! (See snowbird pictures below)

We also went to BYU, Hogle Zoo, and many church sites! On the 4th of July we went to Bridal Veil Falls. It was so cold! I think I went in the deepest! Dad, Heidi, and Hope climbed up to the top. We had so much fun. Afterwards we went to the BYU creamery! YUM!! Then we went to Stadium of Fire. It was a really good show! I love Utah! Of course we were bought Dunford Doughnuts. We also took a day and went shopping at Gander's Village and my new favorite Tai Pan. Too much fun! We definitely left with more than when we came!!! (See Utah Doing pictures below)

We also took a day and went to Uncle Mikes ranch. We met up with his family and Marc and Michelle's family. We had a lot of fun. We took a helicopter ride. Which was a first for everyone. It was amazing!!! An experience we will never forget. Next we drove far onto his ranch and caught some horses and went horse riding. They were beautiful! We all had a great time. Thanks uncle Mike for a memorable time we will never forget!!! (See At Mikes Ranch pictures below)

And sadly after a very fun week we all had to leave Utah. But for James and I the trip wasn't over yet. We drove with my parents to Manti where they continued the journey home and we stayed for 3 days with James family there. His grandparents had just returned home from their mission in Chilli. Everything worked out so perfectly. We were able to go to their homecoming talk. All of their family were able to come and I was able to meet everyone, some for the first time. We had so much fun relaxing with everyone and getting to know everyone better. We also went to Sheila's grave (James aunt). We spent lots of time singing, and looking at family pictures. Thank you Brian & Sonia for letting us stay with you, we really appreaciated it! You're the best! (see Bitter Utah pictures below)

As you can see we were very blessed to go on this trip. It was filled with so much fun. We will remember it always!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok so I'm trying to leave some comments but for some reason it won't publish them! well I guess except this one! but so I'm kind of frustrated!
Anyway here's what I did say:

So Hillary I loved your blog! Super cute! That trip was so fun and I love your pictures! I also love your countdown for grandma and grandpa to come home! I can't wait! Well Love ya! and hopefully this will actually publish! :)
Love,
Heidi Durfee