For my moms birthday we all went to her house for dinner, presents, and cake! Now everyone knows my moms favorite cake is german chocolate and my grandma usually makes it for her, but since grandma is in Wyoming, who was going to make it? She actually thought she would make her own cake! Shocking I know. I wouldn't let her. So I decided I would make it. Now the cake part is obviously too easy, but it's the frosting, the coconut pecan home made goodnes that makes a german chocolate cake really good. So I was able to get the recipe and some good hints from my aunt Karen. And I think it turned out to be quite a good success! Thanks Karen.
I had to take another picture because I wanted to remember this. It just looked too good!
Mom opening her presents.
Heidi and Heather watching mom open her presents. But I think Heidi is saying something sarcastic or funny. (It's a good guess because she is always) :) Luv ya Heidi
Holli laughing at Heidi's funny (most likely)!
Dad and Hope
A funny picture of James. I think I just pinched him or something. He! He! He!
It was a very fun night and I think mom had a great birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!
Oh and I just couldn't resist. Holli and Heidi made a very cute and funny movie for my mom. It's original intention was to be played and wake up mom on her birthday, then they decided to just give it to her that night. So go onto my moms blog (Durfee Doings) and check it out. It is so worth it! We all couldn't stop laughing!! They are such creative, silly girls!!!

2 comments:
Looks like a good cake. I am impressed. Great job Hillary.
You're so talented Hillary, you need to make that cake for us sometime! James looks like he just woke up in that picture :)! We miss ya and love ya!
Post a Comment