I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard to get this liscense. After a few weeks and school started. He had many jobs lined up. He is interpreting for a few students at phoenix college. He also is on several free lance companies lists for interpreters. His first week of interpreting was last week and he loved it!!! Here is a picture of his first day of working as an interpreter.
Shopping Adventures:
So with his new job comes an entire new wardrobe! So I have spent hours looking for the right clothes. He no longer needs all those t-shirts and pants for construction work. He now needs nice dress pants and dark colored polo shirts or button up shirts. You would think that would be pretty easy, right? But there are 2 more reasons why this is not an easy task.
1. Interpreters shirts can not have any stripes, or any pattern at all on them. And they must be dark in color.
2. James Bitter
Everyone who knows James would say he is a picky eater, but no one would think he would also be a picky dresser. Oh but he is! :)
So we are not only having to find shirts that are completey boring, but they also can not be a light color, have 2 pockets, have buttons on the collar, be too long, no wood (different colored) butons, no snap looking (cowboy) buttons, and the list goes on. Yes he is most picky about those silly buttons.
All of this I find terribly funny. I guess I never knew there could be so many differences in all these shirts and he would be so very picky about them. So I have made a few lucky discoveries and he has quite enough shirts now that he can wear. I am having another problem though, all the shirts I am finding, that he likes, are either blue or black. When there is even a small chance he will like a shirt of another color they are always out of his size (or it falls into the picky category). Anyway, I hope to find him many more shirts in other colors like brown, gray, green, and maybe red. Wish me luck!! :)
Now I hope everyone doesn't think I am complaining too much, because I actually love to go shopping. So this has been a fun time for me. And I did have an amazing lucky experience at Target. James and I were trying to find him pants at the cheapest price we could. So we went to Old Navy (nothing), Ross (nothing), VF Outlet (nothing), JC Pennys (nothing), and then I think what about Target. Let just go see.
So we went to Target and I head straight to the clearance section and amazingly they were having a 75% off sale on all of their dress pants!!!
Yes it was too good to be true!! But it was. We bought him 4 pairs of pants for only $4.98 a piece! It was amazing. We were planning on spending around $100 for his pants and we only spent $20. HOORAY!!!
We were so lucky and blessed. It was such a good find.

2 comments:
ya! Congratulations James! We're all so proud of you! Oh but Hillary I'm so jealous! You should take me shopping so that we can find the perfect clothes I want! We never do that anymore!=[ We should! Anyway I was just commenting mainly because I knew how much you missed my comments!
Love ya forever,
Heidi(your favorite sister)
Good Job for James- that is awesome!
Hillary- I know your pain - Back in the early years... Jim would only wear: black, white or blue Tshirts - and that is it! No other color at all. I can't even remember how many things I had to take back - because he wasnt' EVER going to wear it! He is still picky, I've been able to venture him out somewhat(he will wear a few polo shirts - same colors and his new favorite color is Gray! Woo hoo! He does wear Red on occasion (toro-red) (that's as crazy as it gets here!) Same thing with church shirts, plain white, no stripes or patterns on the shirts. (and yes no funny buttons-ever!) But I've learned to love my plain Jim.
It was fun reading about your experience, took me back 17 years ago!
Post a Comment