SWEET MOMENTS!

April 3, 2009

The rest of the beuatiful trip...

Well, after Disneyland we weren't sure what else we wanted to do. But we were exhausted and had another full day. So we decided to head to the beach and check out some beautiful beach, and shopping!
That morning my foot was looking better! Not so much swelling, but starting to bruise. I guess it helped that I didn't use it for 3 days, was on Ibuprofen every 8 hours, and kept it elevated lots.
We ended up going to Newport beach. It was, of course beautiful and perfect!


We rode on the ferry to Balboa Island.
Here is James eating a yummy Balboa bar!



Balboa Island had so many AMAZINGLY cute little shops. Like TONS! I was so excited. BUT we decided to go walking on the pier first. It was so beautiful!and look what we saw
Yeah, a crazy huge crab!

I was so excited to get back to the shopping, but after all the walking on the pier and up the street to the ferry and just walking around. My foot just couldn't make it through all those shops. I was sad, but there will be a next time. Definitely something to look forward to....

We still had quite a bit of time left in the day so we went to Target!
Just to get Twilight! HOORAY!! We LOVED it! ................... Again!
During the movie we ate a yummy
chocolate/carmel dipped Mickey Mouse Apple!
Too good!


...............

The next day it was time to pack up and go. It was so sad and hard to leave. We loved our Hotel, we loved our relaxed time, we loved our Disneyland time.
It was just too perfect of a vacation!
One thing I wasn't going to miss was this chair.
It is like the ugliest chair in the world. WO and WOW!

While we packed and left it rained! Even California was sad to see us go!


So we finally get on the road and our driving away in the rain and then I see this amazing billboard. What? There is a Tai Pan Trading Store here in Cali? I thought it was only in Utah...

I grab James GPS and search. It is only 15 miles away from where we are. James turn around!!

He did. We drove over to Ontario, CA and there is the most beautiful store in the world. Yes it is Sunday, but how can you resist such amazing, lucky chances!?!

Oh, but of course, it IS Sunday! They are CLOSED! I cried! j/k, almost though. My heart was so set on it. Yes, I think I was being punished for just thinking about shopping on Sunday.

okay, maybe not. But it seriously was the saddest thing ever. Hello, I could have gone there yesterday. No hurting foot would have stopped me!

ONTARIO, I WILL BE BACK!! sniff sniff
So we got back on the road and it was so windy and rainy...

Yes all of the wind mills were moving. Every one. I had never seen them all moving!

So it was a beautiful 52 degrees in rainy California and as we left and went over this mountain and got to the other side it was all ready 72 degrees. WHAT? 20 degrees hotter all ready! NO!


So above is our view behind us and below is our view in front of us.

Man, it is sure hard to leave California!

We can't wait until we return....

4 comments:

lizlaughs said...

That all sounds so fun. We stayed at the lemon tree once. I agree that is a very ugly chair!

Greg & Colby Lindblom Family said...

hillary you are so funny! Haha I love how you wrote exactly what you were thinking. haha you're too funny. i'm so sorry about your foot. I can't wait to see you to plan our lunch and catch up!

Jason and Kristy said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I love Tae Pan too, everytime I go visit my sister in Utah I insist that she takes me there, I LOVE IT! It's too bad they were closed, I can only imagine how excited you were just to then find out that it was closed. Oh well, glad you guys had fun!

Fowler Farm said...

great pictures and I would have been sad too. I have always wanted to go to Tae pan too. My mom and grandma love that place. I am so glad you guys had fun.