SWEET MOMENTS!

March 24, 2009

My birthday at the Happiest Place on Earth!!

Well, it didn't start out to grand!

The night before James and I were going to hit the road to California, I fell. I was taking dinner to a couple people in my ward and stepped off the curb wrong and hurt my ankle really bad, the food was okay! Within the next few minutes it was hurting more and more to walk on it. I was thinking we were going to have to cancel. There was still so much to do. I had barely started packing. I called James when I got back and said I just couldn't walk back to the house from the car, driving had seriously almost killed me. He came and got me and carried me into our neighbors house where he had been helping them put up some lights in their living room. Brandi was sooo nice! Between her and James every 20 minutes for the next 5 hours I was icing my ankle and doing ankle pumps; and of course Ibuprofen. So after all that my ankle didn't look bad, but it killed to walk on.
The next day it wasn't much better. We weren't sure what to do. I was thinking we were going to have to cancel and James didn't want to do that at all. I called my uncle and we went to see him so he could look at it, because we were thinking it might be broken. James did the packing and we left. On the way we picked up Heidi's boot (from when she broke her foot in Nov.) and she pointed out to me that my foot looked like her foot when she first broke it! Oh great!
Well we got to my uncles and he looked at it and tested it and said it wasn't broken, just a bad sprain. I felt like the biggest baby, but it hurt so bad, especially moving it to the sides. He wrapped it up for me, and gave me some tips. I needed keep it elevated, iced, and do the pumps. I also needed to stay off of it for the next couple of days (umm Disneyland is tomorrow?).
What were we going to do?
Well, there was no way I was going to be able to walk around Disneyland all day for 3 days! I would definitely not make it! So we decided we were going to have to rent a wheelchair...
And the trip was on...
I was very excited we were still able to go!
my sad foot. I kept it elevated most of the 6 hours.I even fell asleep like that, James snuck in a pic. Our hotel was beautiful! I loved the ivy and beautiful flowers growing up this wall.
I am ready for Disneyland!This was our first ride of the trip. We decided we were going to go on every ride! We were just so excited to be at Disneyland!!! So Jungle Cruise was first. It was very entertaining and we soon learned the benefits of being in the wheel chair and not having to wait in the lines! Thank you foot! We went on more rides then we would have been able to during spring break at Disneyland. It was so crowded!!Here we are on Thunder Mountain Railroad!Churro break!
Me and my wheel chair.
James (my strong driver) and his churro!My next birthday gift: the cutest jacket ever! OK, yes I am so ridiculous! We didn't bring jackets. It was freezing at night and we just had to buy one! Yes I am a Disney Princess!!James did need some breaks from pushing all day. We went on the steamboat ride.
We both did not remember ever having gone on this ride. The buzz lightyear ride! James LOVES this ride! He always wins!We also went on the new submarine ride. They were building it last time we were here. It was really fun. While we were waiting, Heather was texting me to see what we were doing. I told her and she said that Sophie (her best friend) had waited 3 hours to get on that ride. WHAT? I then had to tell her that James and I had only waited 15 minutes and we were going on the next boat.
(The benefits of being in a wheelchair - WOW!) The ride had lots of finding nemo characters in it. This pic turned out great.

We of course went on Space Mountain (who knows how many times). It was probably our favorite! James knew right where the camera would be. Yes, he is making the superman sign, he is so silly!
The next day we went to California Adventure. I love the rides over there!! California Screamin' is my favorite! This day was a little different in that this park is all updated and wheel chair accessible. So we needed to use the fast pass system, otherwise it would take at least 60 min. for every ride!
We saw the Aladdin show! It was so good and really funny!
For lunch that day we had soup in bread bowls! It was amazing!


We absolutely loved the new toy story ride! It is very similar to the buzz lightyear ride in tomorrow land, but so much more fun! We enjoyed it so much! I even almost beat James. We wish we could have gone on that one more!

California Adventure closes so early! We left and went back to Disneyland. We had reservations at the Blue Bayou. I would definitely do this again. What a beautiful dinner, everything about it was soo yummy! The ambiance is just amazing! It was too much fun!
Afterwards we definitely had to go on Pirates!

We had to order this dessert. Everything about it is edible too! It was too yummy!The next day was my favorite day: March 20th: Happy Birthday Hillary!
We went and got my birthday pin!
This day was truly the most amazing! It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life! EVERYONE told me Happy Birthday, especially the Disney staff, but others too, who were just walking by. It was so fun. I truly felt so happy the entire day. I also received many phone calls and texts wishing me happy birthday too! I truly had never felt so touched, loved, and blessed! It was a very special day for me! I want to tell my mom, and my sisters, my in laws, cousins, and friends THANK YOU! You made my day even more special! And thank you to James! I truly don't deserve him! He was so sweet and amazing! He treated me too nicely, like a queen. And it wasn't very different then usual. I love you James. That morning we saw Mickey Mouse leading the marching band down Main St.
It was too fun!

We went on the train that goes around Disneyland.
(James was starting to get a sunglasses tan)


In tomorrow land they had a Jedi training camp! It was so fun and cute to watch. They had like 15-20 kids dressed up as Jedi's practicing and being trained in the Jedi arts. They they were able to fight Vader or the Sith lord.

James surprised me and bought me a piece of cake for my birthday! It was soo yummy!
Can you guess my favorite ride?
Yep, it is splash Mountain! We loved this ride! It was so much more busy on Friday at Disneyland that the wheelchair line was almost as long as the regular line. It was crazy! I had to pay more attention that James wouldn't run into any ankles!!!

Here we are the first time that day!

Then we got brave and didn't sit in the back...
we sat in the middle!
We just couldn't do the front. Too wet!!

Here we are in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

It is definitely tradition to get ice cream on Main St. in Disneyland. We couldn't wait anymore!!
Ice Cream is just too yummy!!!
Do you not love this light? Okay, so maybe my pic wasn't that great! But I seriously couldn't stop staring at it. Too beautiful!! I love all the special touches at Disneyland!
Okay so for my birthday dinner we ate at the Mexican Restaurant Rancho del Zocalo. YUM!! Fajita tacos with guacamole and all the good stuff. It was too good! I was so hungry I forgot to take a pic when the plate was full, but here is when I got full. James loves that! He always gets to eat his and mine.

That night we watched the fireworks and Fantasmic!! It was amazing!! It was a light show with characters, singing, and amazing fireworks too. I took way too many pics. Here are a few.
It started out with Mickey Mouse.
And then the pirate ship with Captain Hook and Peter Pan.

snow white and her princeEric and Ariel

Beauty and the Beast!

It ended with many characters on the steam boat. Here are the toy story characters, and you can even see the chimney sweeps from Marry Poppins.
Here is James and I. We are on our last ride in disneyland. Space mountain.
We were so sad it was time to go!!

Bye Disneyland. Can't wait until next time!!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

I just needed to explain. Sorry to those who just looked through this incredibly long post!! I use my blog as a journal/scrapbook. It is just too convenient to use it this way. I love it! And I did have about 100 other pics and it was very hard to choose!
Our last trip to disneyland I barely took any pics, so I decided that is not how this trip would be! Yes, James got a little sick of it! So there is my explanation! Thx.

Barb said...

Okay, I totally LOVED your Disneyland blog, and it has got me pumped up to go, our entire family will be there for three days in a few weeks. We are all Disneyland/amusement park fanatics. Maybe because they were raised that way. . . I am so glad you had a happy birthday there, how is the foot?

Durfee Family said...

This was a great post! It was fun to see all the pictures!It looks like so much fun! I can't wait until we can go to Disneyland again!

lizlaughs said...

I love disneyland! My favorite birthday was when we went there. So glad you could still go. Hope your foot feels better soon.

Fowler Farm said...

That is so awesome. I am so glad that you had a great birthday. You are the best. Those are some great pictures. I love it. Talk to you later.

Krista Darrach said...

I'm jealous...Jim and I are going to some amusement park.. Just the two of us..
Looks like you had a blast!