SWEET MOMENTS!

October 21, 2009

General Conference Weekend or in otherwords project, project, project....

There is nothing like Conference Weekend!!

I love the inspiration, the peacefull feelings, the inspired messages that I feel are just for me.

Something I have learned the last couple years is if I do projects I will stay awake and I learn and love it so much more! So here are many things that we did:

First I made freezer Jam. I made Raspberry freezer jam~ so easy! These will last a long yummy time...
Up close and personal
Saturday morning I made yummy buttermilk pancakes.

James short stack

Mine with some peach jam (my moms) and syrup and peanut butter. YUM!!

Before the afternoon session I made ~for the first time~ homemade french bread! It turned out pretty good and is James new favorite. These don't look the best, but they taste great!We took a loaf and jam over to the Bitters for the afternoon session. I forgot to take pics :( But we had quite the feast. It was so yummy! I was also able to cut out all the paper and ribbon for my upcoming super saturday projects. YES!!

During the priesthood session all the Moore girls got together at Grandma Moores house and we ate pizza and talk, talk, talked!

Ava the doll

Making funny faces for us to laugh at!

Sharing Heathers pizza
Lainey with her new friend Hope
Lainey, Tiffany, Cindi, Shaelyn, Jacey, and Emma
Hope, Patty, Colby, Missy, Tiffany

...........................................

For Sunday morning I continued the tradition, because I love traditions.

I made Sticky Buns. YUM! (they turned out so good for my first time and are sooo easy!) With fruit and bacon! What a yummy breakfast?

Can you guess which plate is James and which one is mine?

Too obvious! Sunday afternoon session I made peach freezer jam! Umm these peaches may look very beautiful, but they were a lot more WORK then the raspberries! The cleaning, blanching, soaking, peeling, cutting, blending just took so much more work than the raspberries.... I don't know if I will make this again... oh but it tastes so good :)
Such fun times when you don't plan anything and stay at home.

We love having Grandma and Grandpa Moore back!! :)

2 comments:

lizlaughs said...

Yum! All of the stuff you made looks so good.

Alicia Faye said...

Looks like you have been one busy girl.
Love and miss you!